Pelham Bell Pottinger promotes Gavin Davis to managing director
Pelham Bell Pottinger is to come under new day-to-day leadership as agency founder James Henderson concentrates on group-level management of Bell Pottinger Private.
New role: Gavin Davis is running Bell Pottinger’s financial arm
Gavin Davis will assume control of Bell Pottinger’s financial arm after being promoted to the role of managing director with immediate effect.
Davis, who has worked at Pelham almost since its inception in 2004, will lead the business, reporting to Henderson.
Additionally, the agency is to create a ‘management group’, consisting of partners Charlie Vivian, Mark Antelme and Victoria Geoghegan, which will work closely with Davis to develop the business.
Henderson announced the appointment in an e-mail to staff, adding that the group ‘may also appoint a senior figure from the industry as chairman of the Pelham Bell Pottinger business’.
The financial PR business currently has a strategic advisory committee, including Baroness Wheatcroft, ambassador John Danilovich and the vice-chairman of Hawkpoint Peter Kiernan.
Davis has worked at Pelham for more than eight years, advising clients across sectors including private equity, sovereign wealth, global business and governments. His clients have included TPG, Birds Eye Iglo Group, FTSE-listed Balfour Beatty and Premier Oil.
Before joining Pelham, Gavin worked for Australia’s largest independent corporate comms firm, Royce Communications, for five years, advising blue-chip Australian clients including KPMG, CVC, Macquarie Bank and Hertz.
He told PRWeek: ‘The business has been hugely successful, so our focus will be on continuing to do what we do well and hiring really good people to grow the business.
‘Last year, we were in the top five globally for M&A transactions, so we’re already playing at the highest level.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...