DONG Energy switches public affairs and PR account
A Danish energy company that could invest up to £4bn in the UK has engaged Hill+ Knowlton Strategies for public affairs and corporate PR.
Wind power: DONG Energy's offshore wind farm in Liverpool Bay
DONG Energy is looking to develop relationships with cabinet officials, MPs, advisers and other players in the energy sector.
The annual retainer, which is understood to be worth about £100,000, includes PR support, with a brief for regular editorial coverage in industry and trade press on issues related to its business strategy and objectives.
DONG’s UK interests span offshore wind farms, oil and gas exploration and production, gas power station operation and commercial gas supply. It claims to have invested £4.2bn in the UK to date and is considering investing the equivalent in future.
It is on a drive to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by half by 2020 and by 85 per cent by 2040. It plans to achieve this by increasing its wind power output and switching coal for biomass and natural gas.
The public affairs portion of the account will be overseen by DONG’s head of stakeholder relations Danielle Lane.
The incumbent on the account was Kreab Gavin Anderson and PRWeek understands three agencies were shortlisted.
A core part of the PR activity will be to promote DONG’s energy sales division’s Automated Meter Reading product. The 2011 acquisition of Shell Gas Direct, from Shell UK, gave the firm more than 5,000 industrial customers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...