Launch to 'modernise' Zurich insurance for online market
Zurich Insurance is launching a major drive to modernise its image as a result of a 'fundamental shift' in the market caused by online aggregators.
Aggregator explosion: Proliferation of sites like Comparethemarket
The company is seeking to grow consumer awareness and develop a 'personality' to better stand out on websites such as Comparethemarket.com.
To help with the shift, Zurich has brought in Launch PR - formerly Launch Group - for a rolling project brief following a pitch process.
Andy Nash, director at Launch PR, is leading the work on the six-figure account. He will report to Katy Hurren, media relations manager for Zurich UK General Insurance.
Nash said: 'Zurich is known as a serious, grown-up and traditional insurer, but with the growth of aggregators people are being given choices, so it's important people recognise the insurer and know what to expect from it.
'If you are a brand like Zurich, which is not that well known to the public, you are at a disadvantage compared with a brand such as Direct Line.
'Zurich wants to get a better resonance and develop the personality it needs.'
A recent report revealed that 42.3 per cent of Europeans switching auto or householder insurance last year, or buying it for the first time, did so online - up from 35.4 per cent in 2008.
Several online aggregators are active in the UK market and enjoy a high profile, having spent large amounts of money on advertising. These include Comparethemarket, GoCompare, Confused.com and Moneysupermarket.'
As a result, the insurance market 'has fundamentally shifted in the past two years', added Nash. 'This is the first time in a long time Zurich has tried to increase its presence in the consumer market.'
Launch PR's work will begin with brand planning before moving on to focus on consumers, with comms carried out both offand online.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...