Citigate called in to handle esure flotation
Citigate Dewe Rogerson has landed an IPO brief to support the forthcoming listing of motor and home insurance group esure.
esure brand: Sheila's Wheels
The owner of woman-only car insurance brand Sheilas' Wheels announced its intention to float on the London Stock Exchange last week in a deal expected to raise close to £1bn.
Citigate has been mandated to handle comms around the float, with directors Chris Barrie, Andrew Hey and Grant Ringshaw working on the deal. The brief marks Citigate's second high-profile possible listing mandate in the past month, having been brought in to handle comms for heavily tipped float contender Partnership Assurance in February.
Esure was founded by Direct Line founder Peter Wood in 2000 and the float comes three years after he led an MBO of the insurer from Lloyds Banking Group.
The float will be the largest London listing so far this year, almost double the size of housebuilder Crest Nicholson.
The transaction consists of £50m of new equity along with the sale of a chunk of shares held by current shareholders, including Wood and private equity house Tosca Penta.
Direct Line itself floated last October, with Brunswick handling comms in a deal valuing the business at £2.6bn.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...