Bell Pottinger Public Affairs hires FSA's Gurpreet Brar
Gurpreet Brar has joined Bell Pottinger Public Affairs as a director in the financial services team.
Brar joins from the chairman’s office at the Financial Services Authority, which is set to be replaced this year by two new regulatory bodies.
Having worked for the regulator since September 2010 he has been an advisor to both the outgoing chairman, Lord Turner, and the incoming chairman of the Financial Conduct Authority, John Griffith-Jones.
The FCA is one of the new bodies will be responsible for regulation of conduct in retail, as well as wholesale, financial markets and the infrastructure that supports those markets. The other new body is the Prudential Regalatory Authority, part of the Bank of England.
Brar was part of the team that delivered the FSA's ‘Journey to the FCA’ document published in October 2012.
Over the years he has been responsible for coordinating the FSA’s handling of key issues such as Libor, the funding for lending scheme, and the mortgage market review.
He has led the organisation’s work on the Financial Services Bill and has been responsible for redefining the FSA’s work on Parliamentary liaison.
Before joining the FSA, Brar was Parliamentary advisor to Adrian Bailey MP, the current Chair of the Business, Innovation and Skills Select Committee. He has been a regular contributor to epolitix on a wide range of issues.
Stephen Lotinga, managing director of Bell Pottinger Public Affairs, said: 'Gurpreet will be able to provide our clients with unique insights into the changing regulatory landscape and advice on the interaction between the worlds of business, regulators and politics.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...