Confused.com puts work with Cake out to repitch
Confused.com is repitching its consumer PR work as it attempts to create a more integrated marcoms offer.
Confused.com: Repitching consumer work (Credit: Confused.com)
The price comparison website has launched the hunt, having brought in Cake for the brief in 2009.
It is understood that the company is midway through the process, having put out an RFP in recent weeks, with digital work a strong area of focus.
Sharon Flaherty, head of PR and content at Confused.com, said: ‘I re-evaluated the way we treat PR at Confused.com. I have big ambitions for what I want to achieve for the brand in the next three years and with that in mind, I decided to put the account out to pitch to give fresh life to our approach.
'ntegrating PR, content and social is hugely important for brands, and with that being the case, PR for Confused.com will be more fully integrated going forward.’
News of the brief comes after founder and chief executive of Confused.com parent Admiral Henry Engelhardt pointed to slowed growth in the UK.
In an interview with The Telegraph earlier this month, Engelhardt said ‘there aren't that many new people left’ to attract to aggregator sites and added that efforts to grow the business would focus overseas.
His words follow Confused.com bouncing back from four years of shrinking profits to show growth in 2012.
Work with Cake, which will not be repitching, has included bubble wrapping a street to highlight the rise in insurance claims following bad weather.
PRWeek revealed that having appointed Cake, the company offered to pay for the creative from agencies that lost out in the pitch.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...