Department for Business, Innovation and Skills hands Fishburn Hedges SME brief
Fishburn Hedges has been appointed to help place aspiring entrepreneurs at the heart of the Government's economic recovery drive.
BIS: Promoting SMEs
The agency has been called in by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) following a pitch process revealed earlier this year.
Fishburn Hedges will be working on the Business in You campaign, which promotes the public and private sector help available to small businesses and start-ups.
The work forms as part of the Government’s wider efforts to support SMEs as it strives to stimulate economic recovery.
Fishburn Hedges director Martin Brown will lead the work. He said: ‘We will be combining digital, media and political comms to get the message out that there is a lot of help and advice available, and that businesses which take advice are more likely to succeed.’
It is understood the brief will be based primarily around local and regional media, though there will also be a focus on broadcast and national print.
Included in this will be generating coverage of the Local Business Accelerators competition run by regional press trade body The Newspaper Society. The competition celebrates successful local businesses while highlighting the advice available through Business in You.
The scheme was launched in January 2012 and sits alongside a number of other government-backed efforts to stimulate the success of SMEs.
It was recently announced that the Government’s own spending with this group had increased from £3.2bn, or 6.8 per cent, in 2010-11, to £4.4bn, or ten per cent, in 2011-12.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...