GlaxoSmithKline calls in Unity for flu remedy brief
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has handed a six-figure brief to give its flu remedies 'personality' to Unity, PRWeek understands.
Beechams: The Fight Back with Beechams ad campaign (Credit: Beechams)
The brief, which covers the Day & Night Nurse and Beechams ranges, is thought to be worth around £300,000 and spans both PR and social media.
A well-placed agency source involved in the pitch said the consumer-facing work was likely to be move beyond ‘product messaging’ and into ‘developing a brand personality’.
The brief will focus on getting people to relate to the products, the source said, adding: ‘It’s also about reminding consumers that the products are out there all year round, beyond the traditional cold and flu winter seasons.’
An in-house team will also be involved, and attracting third-party endorsement is also believed to be on the agenda.
In 2011, GSK rival Reckitt Benckiser ran a Facebook campaign for its brand Lemsip parodying the James Brown song ‘Man’s World’.
This allowed men to demand sympathy online while women were able to create their own video telling men to stop being so melodramatic.
Both Unity and GSK declined to comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...