Celgene to hire agency for six-figure account
Celgene, the multinational biopharmaceutical company, is poised to appoint an agency to its six-figure UK and Ireland comms business.
Celgene’s UK base in Uxbridge
The firm will announce its first retained agency for a market access, corporate and brand public affairs account during the coming weeks, following a competitive pitch process.
Nicola Redfern, director of market access UK and Ireland at Celgene, is handling the process. She was recruited last June from pharma giant Novartis, where she was director of comms and external affairs in the firm’s oncology business unit.
Celgene confirmed the process and said it did not previously have a retained agency, though it has worked with a number of shops on a project-by-project basis mainly for public affairs briefs. These are believed to include Helen Johnson Consulting, though PRWeek understands the relationship covered ad hoc work during 2012. The agency is not involved in the pitch.
Celgene focuses on the discovery and development of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe immune conditions. It claims there are more than 200 ongoing clinical trials at major medical centres worldwide using its compounds.
These are known as investigative compounds, which are being actively studied in clinical trials for patients with incurable haematological and solid tumour cancers including chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and ovarian cancer.
This year, the European Organisation for Rare Diseases gave Celgene an award for its excellence in the field of rare diseases.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...