Ontario Teachers poised for Bell Pottinger Public Affairs hire
One of Canada's biggest pension funds is in discussions with Bell Pottinger Public Affairs about a new brief to engage with Westminster with regard to infrastructure spending.
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan is part-owner of the Channel Tunnel rail link
The discussions follow what is believed to have been a two-way pitch held by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) earlier this year.
BPPA is understood to have competed against Westminster Advisers in the pitch.
The fund has invested in a range of infrastructure projects in the UK as a segment of its $117bn (£78.47bn) asset portfolio.
In 2010, it acquired 50 per cent of High Speed 1, the 109km rail line linking London with the Channel Tunnel, in a consortium with Borealis Infrastructure.
OTPP also owns sizeable stakes in Birmingham and Bristol International Airports, as well as 25 per cent of Scotia Gas Networks.
Last April, OTPP appointed BBPA’s sister agency Pelham Bell Pottinger to advise on its European and Asian corporate comms.
BPPA’s pitch is believed to have been led by Pelham Bell Pottinger’s new managing director Gavin Davis.
The potential appointment comes amid fresh calls to Chancellor George Osborne to increase spending on infrastructure as a way of dispelling Britain’s economic malaise.
Last week, Business Secretary Vince Cable suggested the Government could borrow more to fund capital spending.
Bell Pottinger Public Affairs and Westminster Advisers declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...