Dame Kelly Holmes' charity calls in Octopus Group for comms campaigns
The Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust, the charity founded by Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes, has brought in Octopus Group to support its strategic communications.
Dame Kelly Holmes: Octopus to support campaigns
The pro-bono work over the next two years will include high-profile media campaigns for several areas of the charity's work, which involves athletes supporting and mentoring young people through personal development programmes.
The trust also supports competing and retired athletes making the transition out of elite-level sport.
Chair of the trust, Dame Kelly Holmes, said: ‘We're delighted to welcome Octopus Group as a National Supporter. We're all really excited by their plans to support our strategic objectives over the next two years.
'They have demonstrated a real understanding of the environment in which we operate and we'll be looking to benefit from all of the experience they bring from their work on Olympic activation programmes and within the skills space.’
Octopus Group MD Jon Lonsdale said: ‘Having worked with three Olympic partners in the run up to and during the Games, we're very much aware of the ongoing questions about the London 2012 legacy.
‘As a team we were keen to continue our involvement in this area and this partnership gives us an opportunity to put the knowledge that we've picked up to good use. Having now been exposed to the fantastic work that the trust is doing and the results that it is achieving, we're keen to help it as much as we can through a varied programme of activity which will include high profile launch events, research and media relations.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...