Sutton Council comms head calls for rethink of local comms
The PR chief at the heart of a council comms overhaul has called for others in the public sector to explain frontline services better.
Sutton Council: Local services
Sutton Council head of comms Paul Middleton spoke out after working with council leaders to create a cost-saving PR plan set to be rolled out across the body.
‘The biggest problem for public sector communicators is a lack of on-the-street comms helping people understand the basic level of service that is on offer,’ he said.
Calling the policy document ‘a first’, Middleton claimed it made explaining services and understanding comms a key part of the jobs of departmental employees council-wide. He said: ‘It’s about building comms that work and creating a blueprint, whether it is for those in gritting trucks or those planning major infrastructure.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Ecommerce Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £60000 per annum, Reading
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...