GolinHarris lands Omega Pharma portfolio from Virgo
Omega Pharma has moved its entire portfolio into the new healthcare practice at GolinHarris, following the agency's acquisition of Virgo Healthcare last year.
Nytol: Part of the Omega Pharma porfolio
The pharma company has moved its business out of Virgo and into GolinHarris’ healthcare practice, which opened for business last week. Sian Boisseau, former director of consumer health at Virgo, leads the account.
GolinHarris’ new healthcare team of five is charged with raising awareness of Omega Pharma’s over-the-counter brands, targeting both consumer and trade media, as the company looks to become one of the top three in its sector within five years.
Omega Pharma’s portfolio includes sleeping aid brand Nytol, pain relief brand Solpadeine, and mosquito repellent Jungle Formula.
While Virgo and GolinHarris’ healthcare practices sit alongside each other within parent company Interpublic Group, Virgo’s offices remain in Richmond. The Omega Pharma account has been moved out of the building to avoid conflicts of interest with Virgo’s other over-the-counter clients, such as Reckitt Benckiser.
Boisseau continues to report to Angie Wiles and Sarah Matthew, joint global healthcare practice leaders at GolinHarris and joint chief executives of Virgo Healthcare.
Wiles said the two agencies would be ‘collaborating where appropriate but [remain] separate where client conflicts exist’. ‘It is a natural but important progression for us to establish a healthcare team within GolinHarris London that can also deliver the uncompromised health comms for which Virgo has become known,’ she added.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...