Mischief grabs Birds Eye brief as Iglo Group seeks to 'own' teatime
Frozen food brand Birds Eye has handed its consolidated consumer and b2b PR and social media work to Mischief.
Polar bear: Birds Eye character
Birds Eye marketing director Margaret Jobling told PRWeek that consolidating the work with one agency would enable the frozen food giant to work in a more streamlined and agile way, to ‘put more money into ideas and work more effectively’.
Jobling said the agency will now focus on producing bigger ideas faster, ‘turning the volume up’ on previous activity, and is aiming to 'own' teatime and mid-week dining through social media. ‘It’s such a big channel and we felt PR was in that space,’ she added.
Incumbent Freud Communications had held the account for six years and did not formally repitch for the work. Mercieca was previously employed for b2b PR and Glue Isobar for social media.
Birds Eye recently shifted its European corporate work from Freuds to incumbent financial agency Pelham Bell Pottinger.
The pitch process, reported by PRWeek at the end of January, is understood to have been handled by Creativebrief.
The consolidated consumer, b2b and social media work could be worth up to £500,000, according to agency sources with knowledge of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...