Change4Life launches Supermeals drive amid criticism of brand links
Change4Life, the Government's anti-obesity campaign, has unveiled its traditional New Year marketing campaign, which this year is themed around cooking healthy food on budget.
Change4Life: launches supermeals campaign
The 'Supermeals' campaign will send four million recipe leaflets to families that have already signed up to the Change4Life campaign.
In addition, supermarkets Aldi, Asda and the Co-op will be offering discounts to the recipe ingredients, such as fruit, vegetables and fish.
Chef Ainsley Harriott has also been signed up by Change4Life to create a cookbook promoting healthy dishes that can be created for under £5.
He also features in a series of cooking tutorial films that will be posted on the Change4Life website.
The campaign is being supported by a national press advertising campaign.
But the anti-obesity campaign has come in for criticism in some quarters. Diane Abbott, the shadow public health minister, branded 'Supermeals' a "glorified advertisement for big business".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Mid/Senior Designer £30-35k Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...