Wales sends anti-smoking message to car drivers
The Welsh Government is trying to dissuade parents from lighting up in their cars, with the help of an anti-smoking campaign by Golley Slater.
Anti-smoking campaign: Golley Slater’s work for the Welsh Government
Carwyn Jones, the first minister of Wales, has promised to consider a ban on smoking in cars if levels do not reduce "as a result of the campaign".
The Government cited figures from The Health Behaviour in School Aged Children survey, which claims 20% of 11- to-16-year-old schoolchildren in Wales were exposed to smoke during their most recent car journey.
The campaign focuses on the health risks to children from second-hand smoke and aims to get parents and carers to keep their vehicles smoke-free.
It will span local radio, billboards, bus-backs and bus shelters as well as a dedicated website.
Carwyn Jones, the first minister of Wales, said: "This campaign is clear in its message – smoking in cars poisons your children.
"Wales was the first UK country to vote in favour of a ban on smoking in public places and if necessary we will not shy away from considering legislation to further protect children from second-hand smoke.
"A ban on smoking in cars carrying children will be considered later in this five-year term of Government if smoking levels do not reduce as a result of the campaign.
"We have commissioned research to measure levels of smoking in cars and public attitudes towards it, which will be revisited throughout the campaign to evaluate its success."
The ads were created by artworker Chris Bedford, copywriter Paul Williams, art director Dave Abbott and creative director Martin Bush.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...