Nationwide brings mortgages to the fore with its latest ads
Nationwide Building Society is extending its ongoing 'On Your Side' campaign with its first promotion for mortgage products in five years.
Nationwide: promotes mortgages in new ads
The financial services brand, which unveiled its new brand positioning in September, will launch a TV, radio and in-branch campaign on 6 February, promoting its 'Save To Buy' product, which offers first-time buyers mortgages with a 5% deposit.
Ads will also feature Nationwide's offer of a £500 discount off all £900 product fees for first-time buyers, and its "free, independent and interactive" online first-time buyers' guide. The campaign, by 18 Feet & Rising, again features the 'Magic Carousel' creative and will run through to 3 March.
Nationwide shifted to a greater product focus in December, with its first campaign promoting current accounts in three years. Marketing director Andy McQueen told Marketing it was important to justify its 'On Your Side' claim.
He said: "Having spent a few months establishing the creative, we need to add proof points to back up [the brand position]. Especially with mortgages, we've been hiding our light under a bushel, and we needed to remind customers what we're offering."
McQueen, who was promoted to the top marketing role in April 2011, also hinted that the brand was working on the follow-up to its 'Magic Carousel' creative theme.
He said: "The issue for us is 'On Your Side', not the carousel, so if we come up with another way of illustrating that then we would look at it."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £33000 per annum, Coventry
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)