News International signs seven-figure deal with Global Radio
News International, publisher of The Sun and The Times, has signed a seven-figure partnership deal with Global Radio, which will include at least six months of activity across a variety of stations such as Capital FM and Classic FM.
Breakfast show duo: Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon of 95.8 Capital FM London
The deal has been negotiated by Mindshare and will be managed by promotions agency TPF. It will include a range of sponsorship campaigns, interactive promotions and special features on most of Global Radio's radio and digital brands.
The Sun will sponsor the breakfast shows across the nine-station Capital FM network, including the new 95.8 Capital FM London breakfast show with Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon.
The Times and The Sunday Times will sponsor Classic FM's 'More Music Breakfast' with Mark Forrest, and the Heart network's 'Club Classics' on Friday evenings will be sponsored by The Sun and Fabulous magazine.
The London speech station LBC 97.3 will run special features, news round-ups and advertorials in partnership with The Times and The Sunday Times, and the 'Big Top 40' chart (which is broadcast on more than 100 stations) will run special Sun advertorial features.
Katie Vanneck-Smith, chief marketing officer at News International, said: "Global's powerful portfolio of station brands represents a perfect fit for our titles, and offers us the flexibility to communicate our range of marketing and content messages on a daily basis.
Mike Gordon, managing director, commercial, Global Radio, said: "This is the first time that Global Radio and News International have joined forces on such a scale to reinforce their respective positions as the largest commercial radio group and the leading newspaper publisher in the UK."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London