UTV Media merges three local radio stations
UTV Media is to merge two local radio stations it bought last week, The Wyre and The Severn, with its Wolverhampton-based The Wolf, to create a single larger station called Signal 107.
UTV Media: merging recent acquisitions to create Signal 107 radio station
The new station will launch in March to coincide with the start of radio audience-measurement system Rajar's second quarter.
UTV Media bought The Severn and The Wyre, which broadcast to Telford, Shropshire and Kidderminster, from MNA Broadcasting, the radio arm of Express & Star publisher Midland News Association.
Signal 107 will be the third Signal-branded station in UTV Media's portfolio, alongside Signal 1 and Signal 2 in Stoke. The name comes from the Staffordshire newspaper in Arnold Bennett's 'Five Towns' novels.
Calum Macaulay, director of local radio for UTV Media (GB), said: "I'm delighted to be growing UTV's local network with the launch of Signal 107 across Wolverhampton, Shropshire and North Worcestershire.
"We're already working on our plans for March and look forward to launching the new station, with a potential TSA (Total Survey Area) of over 900,000, to offer a direct alternative to Beacon Radio."
In last week's figures from Rajar for the final three months of 2011, UTV's 13 local radio stations increased their combined listening audiences by 11% year on year and increased their listening hours by 9% year on year.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...