Bauer invests in radio sales team development
Bauer Media is significantly investing in the development and training of its sales staff by launching the Bauer Radio Academy.
Dee Ford: group MD at Bauer Radio
The Academy will act as an umbrella brand for the training, development, and retention of Bauer Radio staff.
In addition, Bauer is seeking to fill a new commercial trainer role as part of the Academy launch.
The role will be responsible for designing and delivering exceptional sales training programmes to all levels of the commercial teams working in Bauer’s market-leading local stations.
The individual will also play a key role in the induction and development of new and existing sales people, as well as driving and motivating the sales staff to exceed their goals and expectations.
According to Bauer, its Place portfolio of stations continue to invest in locally made broadcast content, and this role further exemplifies Bauer's commitment to training and retention of their local commercial teams.
The commercial trainer will have a flexible national remit and location, and will report into Martin Ball, MD of Wave 105 on the South coast.
Ball said: "We firmly believe that energised, impassioned staff will deliver improved longer-term client relationships and service levels – happy inspired staff equals happy customers."
The Academy will also identify and recruit fresh talent by creating dedicated graduate trainee roles. The selection process is to begin shortly and these will be the first people to attend the training academy, benefitting from an extensive seven-week programme.
Dee Ford, group MD at Bauer Radio, said: "We want Bauer to become the industry's 'best-in-class' for staff training and development, so the launch of the Radio Academy is a great step in proving our long-term commitment to investing in people.
"With the new commercial trainer and graduate trainee positions on board, we're confident that the higher quality output and deliverables from our local sales teams to our clients will positively impact on our revenue and share."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...