Food and drink - J&B gets the party started in Cape Town
Cow PR, the global agency for Diageo brand J&B Whisky, was asked to promote a brand event in South Africa.
J&B: gets the party started in Cape Town
Campaign J&B Start A Party
Client J&B Whisky
PR agency Cow PR
Timescale June 2011
- To position J&B as a party whisky
- To engage online influencers on Twitter to create word of mouth in Cape Town.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
Cow worked with eight J&B markets to create pre-party buzz and invited media from each country to attend the event.
Before the party, Cow scheduled and managed a media event for journalists to interview the performing DJs and Diageo spokespeople.
The PR team created a Twitter hashtag - #startaparty - and encouraged media, guests and DJs to use this in their tweets by placing cards around the venue and providing laptops and wi-fi on-site. Cow PR tweeted on behalf of J&B at the party.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
Around 300 people attended the event, resulting in 268 tweets in five hours. More than 60 media interviews were conducted, resulting in 183 pieces of coverage in seven different countries.
During the party there were at least 268 tweets using #startaparty. Tweeters included journalists and DJs. #startaparty was the number one trending topic in Cape Town on the night of the party.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire