Food and drink - J&B gets the party started in Cape Town
Cow PR, the global agency for Diageo brand J&B Whisky, was asked to promote a brand event in South Africa.
J&B: gets the party started in Cape Town
Campaign J&B Start A Party
Client J&B Whisky
PR agency Cow PR
Timescale June 2011
- To position J&B as a party whisky
- To engage online influencers on Twitter to create word of mouth in Cape Town.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
Cow worked with eight J&B markets to create pre-party buzz and invited media from each country to attend the event.
Before the party, Cow scheduled and managed a media event for journalists to interview the performing DJs and Diageo spokespeople.
The PR team created a Twitter hashtag - #startaparty - and encouraged media, guests and DJs to use this in their tweets by placing cards around the venue and providing laptops and wi-fi on-site. Cow PR tweeted on behalf of J&B at the party.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
Around 300 people attended the event, resulting in 268 tweets in five hours. More than 60 media interviews were conducted, resulting in 183 pieces of coverage in seven different countries.
During the party there were at least 268 tweets using #startaparty. Tweeters included journalists and DJs. #startaparty was the number one trending topic in Cape Town on the night of the party.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...