Food and drink - J&B gets the party started in Cape Town
Cow PR, the global agency for Diageo brand J&B Whisky, was asked to promote a brand event in South Africa.
J&B: gets the party started in Cape Town
Campaign J&B Start A Party
Client J&B Whisky
PR agency Cow PR
Timescale June 2011
- To position J&B as a party whisky
- To engage online influencers on Twitter to create word of mouth in Cape Town.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
Cow worked with eight J&B markets to create pre-party buzz and invited media from each country to attend the event.
Before the party, Cow scheduled and managed a media event for journalists to interview the performing DJs and Diageo spokespeople.
The PR team created a Twitter hashtag - #startaparty - and encouraged media, guests and DJs to use this in their tweets by placing cards around the venue and providing laptops and wi-fi on-site. Cow PR tweeted on behalf of J&B at the party.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
Around 300 people attended the event, resulting in 268 tweets in five hours. More than 60 media interviews were conducted, resulting in 183 pieces of coverage in seven different countries.
During the party there were at least 268 tweets using #startaparty. Tweeters included journalists and DJs. #startaparty was the number one trending topic in Cape Town on the night of the party.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London