Voluntary sector: Viral drives biker safety awareness
Road Safety Analysis hired ST16 to work alongside its Safer Roads in-house team to highlight motorcyclist safety online, which it did with a hoax video.
Crashproof: promoting biker safety
Campaign: Crashproof: video to promote biker safety training
Client: Safer Roads (Road Safety Analysis)
PR team: ST16 and in-house
Timescale: March-October 2011
- To raise awareness of biker safety issues
- To encourage social media dialogue
- To drive traffic to beabetterbiker.co.uk.
The in-house team examined road casualty data and identified that 35- to 55-year-old male bikers were most at risk. ST16 targeted them with an unbranded hoax video of a German news report that goes wrong when a biker is knocked over by a lorry. The video was uploaded to YouTube, forums, blogs and video sharing sites.
Local and motorcycling press were then targeted to reveal the campaign, with a supporting website and Facebook page.
Measurement and evaluation
The campaign was featured in local, national and international press, including Motorcycle News, The Oxford Times, Police Oracle, LA Times and Chicago Tribune.
The video received more than five million views and was the most discussed global autos and vehicles video on YouTube during launch week. Traffic on beabetterbiker.co.uk increased by 1,200 per cent and saferrider.org's forum generated 171 users.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...