Technology: Launch of Kirstie and Phil's House Hunter iPhone app
BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, called in Acceleris to launch the company's first celebrity-based iPhone app, Kirstie and Phil's House Hunter. The app includes a property search function and a handbook on buying a home.
House hunter app: backed by Kirstie and Phil
Client: BBC Worldwide
PR team: Acceleris
Timescale: May-July 2011
- To generate mainstream awareness
- To attract a broad customer base including homebuyers, property enthusiasts, Kirstie and Phil fans, and the wider public.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
Acceleris identified key titles and provided different news hooks for property, personal finance and tech journalists. It set up radio interviews with 22 stations, as well as producing a video guide to the app and encouraging bloggers to review it. The agency conducted a survey of homebuyers and used the data to produce a national press release and regional stats for local media.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
More than 20 radio interviews took place on launch day, alongside interviews with national print media, while Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer appeared on Loose Women. In the three weeks after launch, 177 pieces of press coverage were secured.
The Guardian and iTunes made it their 'App of The Week', and the video guide was featured on 19 consumer websites.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...