Events: Prince the ideal advocate of home show
Event organiser Media 10 wanted to position the 2011 Ideal Home Show as one of the UK's top consumer home events. Stuart Higgins Communications was hired to handle consumer and trade PR for the 17-day event, which took place in London.
Event PR: Ideal Home Show 2011
Campaign Ideal Home Show 2011
Client Media 10
PR team Stuart Higgins Communications
Timescale March 2011
- To increase the number of visitors
- To achieve more than 650 positive media mentions.
Strategy and plan
To attract national consumer and trade press interest, SHC developed a number of news angles, most notably licensing the Coronation Street brand from ITV to create a replica of a Coronation Street home at the show. Celebrities from the soap were invited to the event. Another angle was a partnership with The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment to create a green, new-build home at the event, which the Prince of Wales also attended.
Measurement and evaluation
The campaign generated 1,026 pieces of coverage, double that of 2010. These included 485 national print articles and 95 pieces of broadcast coverage. There was an increase of 1,170 Twitter followers and 1,257 Facebook followers for the event.
The show attracted 267,450 visitors, a seven per cent rise compared with 2010. More than 1,630 journalists attended the event.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...