The changing values and behaviours of UK shoppers
Shoppers engaging with a supermarket brand on social media are twice as likely to shop there, according to research from Starcom MediaVest Group.
Wave 1, Space ID
Wave 1, Space ID revealed ‘Community’ and ‘Pleasure’ as the new key battlegrounds for supermarket shoppers amid the economic doom and gloom. Supermarkets Sainsbury’s and Co-Op were found to be best positioned to capitalise on these changing attitudes
Wave 2, Social Media Behaviour Index (SMBI)
Wave 2, Social Media Behaviour Index (SMBI) found shoppers engaging with a brand on social media are twice as likely to shop there, with Waitrose found to be the best at converting social media users into paying customers and Sainsbury’s and Tesco’s activity having the least impact.
Wave 3, Regional Shopper Risk Index (RSRI)
Wave 3, Regional Shopper Risk Index (RSRI) found 8.75m of the 45m regular supermarket shoppers in England and Wales (20%) lack loyalty towards any of the big six supermarkets: Asda, Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco or Waitrose.
- Waitrose has the least loyal and promiscuous customers with nearly 23% of its 2.03m regular shoppers likely to shop with a rival.
- Tesco most at risk from turncoats due to dominant market share
- Co-Op and Morrisons least at risk
Starcom MediaVest Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)