Ocado director warns Olympics will 'bugger up' summer business
Ocado commercial director Jason Gissing has warned the disruption caused by the London Olympics and Diamond Jubilee will 'bugger up' the online retailer's business.
Ocado: Olympics will 'bugger up' business
Gissing said Ocado will run marketing activity that is relevant to the high-profile events, but was also quick to point out their disruptive effect.
‘[The Jubilee and the Olympics will] really bugger up our business because you have restricted traffic routes through London and other cities, making our lives harder because we deliver food to people’s homes,’ Gissing told Marketing.
His comments are the latest from London-based businesses expressing concerns about mobility through the capital during the Games.
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has stressed efforts must be made in partnership with Transport for London to overcome logistical supply challenges.
Earlier in the year BBPA chief executive Brigid Simmonds said: ‘It is hugely important that pubs do not run dry and beer can be properly distributed despite road closures for Olympic lanes and local roads.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...