M&S creates two senior marketing roles to boost fashion
Marks & Spencer is creating two new head of brand roles who will report into brand director Rob Weston, to bolster its general merchandise marketing team.
M&S: creates two senior marketing roles
Once the new roles have been filled the retailer will have six heads of brands for general merchandise, compared to three heads of brands for food.
The search for additional heads of brands comes after sales of general merchandise dipped 2.8% in the quarter to 31 March.
In contrast, the retailer's food offering continues to grow with sales increasing by 1.0% during the same period.
In February, incumbent brand director for general merchandise Alison Jones stepped down after less than a year in the role. Her responsibilities being taken on by food brand director Rob Weston.
Steve Sharp, executive director of marketing at M&S, said: "We will not be replacing Ali Jones directly. Rob Weston has taken over the head of that function and the [head of brand] roles we are appointing are more roles underneath Rob to spread out the work."
The six general merchandise brand chiefs will divide up the retailer's clothing brands between them, which include Autograph, Limited Collection, per una, North Coast, Collezione, Blue Harbour, M&S Man, M&S Woman, Classics, Indigo and Savile Row Inspired.
The incumbent heads of brands include Victoria Franks, Usama Al-Qassab, Julie Guckian and Lucy Calver.
Calver is currently on maternity leave. Her role is being covered by Jane O'Keith.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...