M&S creates two senior marketing roles to boost fashion
Marks & Spencer is creating two new head of brand roles who will report into brand director Rob Weston, to bolster its general merchandise marketing team.
M&S: creates two senior marketing roles
Once the new roles have been filled the retailer will have six heads of brands for general merchandise, compared to three heads of brands for food.
The search for additional heads of brands comes after sales of general merchandise dipped 2.8% in the quarter to 31 March.
In contrast, the retailer's food offering continues to grow with sales increasing by 1.0% during the same period.
In February, incumbent brand director for general merchandise Alison Jones stepped down after less than a year in the role. Her responsibilities being taken on by food brand director Rob Weston.
Steve Sharp, executive director of marketing at M&S, said: "We will not be replacing Ali Jones directly. Rob Weston has taken over the head of that function and the [head of brand] roles we are appointing are more roles underneath Rob to spread out the work."
The six general merchandise brand chiefs will divide up the retailer's clothing brands between them, which include Autograph, Limited Collection, per una, North Coast, Collezione, Blue Harbour, M&S Man, M&S Woman, Classics, Indigo and Savile Row Inspired.
The incumbent heads of brands include Victoria Franks, Usama Al-Qassab, Julie Guckian and Lucy Calver.
Calver is currently on maternity leave. Her role is being covered by Jane O'Keith.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London