Asos smashes UK sales projection
Asos has attributed its 24% leap in UK sales to its continued investment in the brand, including a push into mobile apps and a high-profile Christmas campaign starring Ellie Goulding.
Ellie Goulding: stars in Asos Christmas activity
Asos's Year-on-year sales jumped 24% in the UK for the three months ending 30 November. It also claims to have increased its customers by 35% to 5.4 million in the same period.
Nick Robertson, the chief executive at Asos, said: "Our UK performance was ahead of expectations, driven by better conversion of traffic alongside continued investment in both our proposition and pricing."
Asos is currently running a high-profile Christmas campaign starring singer Goulding and rapper Azelia Banks that includes "shoppable films" that shows off the brand’s Christmas products.
The digital campaign, which launched at the end of October, features Goulding and Banks performing in separate executions and includes interactive elements that allows the viewer to explore different outfits.
Asos has also just rolled out two new mobile apps created by Nimbletank, including an Asos Daily Edit app and a Store Front for FashionUP app.
The Daily Edit app serves up bespoke content selected by Asos editors and celebrity guests on a daily basis, while the Store Front app is a free weekly "magazine" featuring interactive content on the latest trends, fashion, editorial, and "how-to" videos.
Asos is in the process of an aggressive international expansion with total retail sales increasing 30% to £166m for the three months ending 30 November 2012.
The retailer has achieved a 57% growth in US sales, 42% growth in the rest of the world and 15% growth in the EU during the period.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...