Romeo Beckham to appear in Burberry ads
Burberry has hired Romeo Beckham, the 10-year-old son of David and Victoria Beckham, to appear in the global campaign for its Spring/Summer range.
Burberry: Romeo Beckham appears in the latest campaign
The campaign, shot by renowned photographer Mario Testino, will include outdoor and print advertising, with multimedia content including images and video running online.
Activity will launch on 3 January with digital activity running on Burberry.com, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Sina Weibo, Douban, Kaixin001 and Youko.
Creative direction was by Burberry chief creative officer Christopher Bailey and aims to portray a "bright and playful celebration of the collection".
Bailey claims Beckham "was a joy to work with and really stole the show" during a shoot involving a young cast of old and new Burberry models.
Other models that will feature in the campaign include Cara Delevingne, Edie Campbell, Charlotte Wiggins, Charlie France, Alex Dunstan and Max Rendell.
The soundtrack to the campaign video is 'Another Love' by Tom O'Dell.
Burberry’s heavy focus on social networks for the campaign chimes with its focus on digital and come as it seeks to put mobile at the centre of its marketing efforts.
Research from Ofcom shows the surge in uptake of mobile internet is being driven by the popularity of social networking sites.
Media planning and buying for the campaign is being handled by Universal McCann.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)