We'll call you: Morrisons
Ever since he gave the Aussies a summer of cricket tuition in 2005, Andrew Flintoff has been Mole's hero, so we were upset to hear the chain had dropped him
Mktg Hello, is this the customer service line?
Morrisons Yes, can I help you?
Mktg Yes, I heard that you are replacing the cricketer Andrew Flintoff with the TV presenters Ant and Dec. Is this true? It seems a shame. I thought Flintoff was a great fit for the brand.
Morrisons It is true, we have struck a deal with Ant and Dec. It was announced last week and we thought it was a good tie-up. What is it exactly we can help you with?
Mktg Well, I was just a little upset. I thought that Flintoff was great. I just want to know why you decided to drop him as a brand ambassador.
Morrisons As I said, we think Ant and Dec are a great fit for the brand, they are obviously very popular and on TV a lot, so we are very excited about the tie-up. I am not in a position to comment on other brand ambassadors.
Mktg OK, can you just tell, is the case that Ant and Dec will be fronting all Morrisons advertising in the future?
Morrisons As far as my understanding goes, this is the case. The best thing to do if you have any questions about previous brand ambassadors is to send a letter or to email the customer care line. I can give you the address, if that's helpful.
Mktg OK, that is helpful. Is it possible to confirm one thing, will Ant and Dec be used in all the advertising from now on?
Morrisons Yes, that is the case, as far as I know.
Mktg OK, thanks for your time. I appreciate it. If you can give me the customer care address that would be fantastic. Thanks again.
VERDICT: 5 out of 10
The call-handler was not very forthcoming. She was reluctant to provide any details and didn't seem well briefed on the subject matter.
She wasn't able to answer many of Mole's questions and repeatedly tried to persuade us to send a letter or email, which, it could be argued, undermines the whole idea of having a customer care telephone line. The answers she did give seemed rather vague.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London