Jessops brand bought by Dragons' Den star Peter Jones
Jessops, the failed camera retailer, is set to be revived as an online-only brand by a consortium led by entrepreneur Peter Jones, star of BBC TV show 'Dragons' Den'.
Peter Jones: Dragons' Den star leads consortium buying Jessops brand
The high-street chain fell into administration last month and was forced to close its near-200 stores across the UK at a loss of 1,400 jobs, after being hit by increased competition from internet retailers and supermarkets.
Administrator PricewaterHouseCoopers (PwC) has announced that the Jessops "brand and other assets" have been acquired a group led by Jones. The consortium is understood to have faced competition from retail restructuring firm Hilco, which is interested in acquiring HMV.
However, Jones has not purchased Jessops' retail stores, with a buyer for those yet to be found.
A PwC spokesman said: "We can confirm we have sold the brand and certain other assets to a number of buyers, including entrepreneur Peter Jones CBE."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA