Dulux UK marketing director Letty Edwards exits company
Letty Edwards, the marketer responsible for reviving the Dulux dog mascot, has left her role as UK marketing director of the brand after more than a decade with the company.
Dulux: UK marketing director Letty Edwards leaving
Edwards, who reported to Matt Pullen, North Europe marketing director at Akzo-Nobel's Decorative Coatings, left the paint brand last month. A former Bass and Tetley Tea marketer, Edwards joined Dulux's then-owner, ICI Paints, as brand manager for innovation in 2000.
Dulux-owner AkzoNobel is now on the hunt for a marketer to replace her.
Pullen insisted that there remained 'strong market leadership' across all brands in the UK and Ireland, but said he expected an appointment to be made 'in the not too-distant future'.
Edwards oversaw the brand's 50th anniversary celebrations in 2011, including the return of Dulux's famed Old English sheepdog mascot to UK screens in 2011. The dog had last been seen in a Dulux TV ad in 2003.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire