Fairtrade Foundation seeks 'deeper' engagement with 2013 activity
The Fairtrade Foundation is to introduce the strapline 'Go further', as the charity aims to encourage commercial partners and consumers to make a bigger commitment to Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Fortnight: looking for 'deeper' understanding
Nestle, The Co-operative and Sainsbury's are among the lead partners for this year's activity, which runs from 25 February until 10 March.
Last year's Fairtrade Fortnight led with the tagline 'Take a step' and called for consumers who were unfamiliar with the brand to buy Fairtrade-certified products.
The forthcoming activity will now ask customers and partner businesses to 'do more' by purchasing certified products from a wider range of categories.
Cheryl McGechie, director of public engagement at the Fairtrade Foundation, explained:'ÔSomeone might buy Fairtrade coffee, but we want to encourage to them buy more than one Fairtrade-certified product.'
In a further departure from its traditional annual marketing plans, the charity is lining up a global campaign in September to encourage 'deeper understanding' of Fairtrade.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London