Littlewoods emulates 'hello boys' ad with first spring push in four years
Littlewoods will launch its first above-the-line Spring campaign for four years, with activity starring Myleene Klass emulating the famous "hello boys" Wonderbra ads.
Myleene Klass: launches swimwear range for Littlewoods
Klass will front the integrated campaign for the swimwear collection she designed exclusively for Littlewoods. The activity launches on 18 April and will run for six weeks.
Gary Kibble, retail director at Littlewoods, said shots of Klass modelling the swimwear collection will run in six major poster sites in London, Liverpool and Birmingham as part of Littlewoods' version of Wonderbra's iconic "hello boys" ad.
Outdoor ads will be supported by TV activity featuring Klass, pushing the "Littlewoods touch" proposition, which is based around "desirable products made affordable".
Littlewoods will also focus on optimising all digital content for mobile because, according to Kibble, "it won’t be long" before mobile is the "predominant device of choice" for consumers.
Some 43% of visits to the Littlewoods sites are currently generated through mobile devices, according to Kibble.
Digital activity for the spring collection kicked off last night with a live Q&A session with Klass that streamed on Facebook.
Littlewoods is also preparing for a push on menswear and is in the "very early stages" of signing up a big name brand ambassador to the front the range.
The brand does not currently have anyone fronting its menswear range, but has worked with TV presenter Steve Jones in the past.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...