Mothercare dials up brand focus with Mother's Day Facebook 'movie'
Mothercare will launch a user-generated Mother's Day 'movie' charting 24-hours in the life of a modern-day mother, as part of an increasing focus on brand marketing.
Mothercare: to launch a user-generated Mother's Day movie'
The project will be directed by 'Child of our Time' director Susie Donaldson, using footage filmed by real mums on Mother’s Day this Sunday, 10 March.
Mums can take part by tweeting photos and video footage using the hashtag #MothersDayMoments, which will be collated into a movie by Donaldson and aired on the brand's Facebook page on Monday.
The initiative comes as Mothercare seeks to invest in its brand following a restructure of the company last year, when it announced in April it would reduce its estate to 200 stores by March 2015.
Mothercare wants to place greater emphasis on its online offering, and appointed former LoveFilm boss Simon Calver to the position of chief executive in April to help drive that change.
Meanwhile, at the beginning of the week, it emerged the babycare retailer had appointed Havas Worldwide to its integrated ad account, as part of its greater emphasis on brand marketing.
The "movie for mums" social film-making project aims to take advantage of mothers' increasing use of smartphones to share content.
Research carried out by Mothercare shows that four in five (81%) mothers now own a smartphone, while 56% of mums use their smartphones to share family news via social networks.Follow @attchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...