Maltesers backs chocolate bar launch with £4m campaign
Maltesers, the Mars-owned confectionery brand, is launching a chocolate bar format for the first time, backed by a £4m marketing push.
Maltesers: unveils Teasers bar
The launch is Mars' first from its new £6m research and development facility.
The Maltesers Teasers bars go on sale from 26 March in two formats, a single block and a sharing block. They will be similar to the Maltesers sweets found in Mars' Celebrations selection boxes.
Bep Dhaliwal, trade communications manager at Mars Chocolate UK, said: "The launch of Maltesers Teasers is set to reenergise the block category and attract new customers who are looking for a treat or for sharing with friends and family."
A £4m through-the-line campaign will include a TV spot airing in April. Press ads will also run across various titles.
According to Mars, Maltesers Teasers will be supported by incremental brand spend on top of the core Maltesers brand advertising.
The last piece of major NPD on the Maltesers brand was its novelty Malteaster Bunny in 2009.
Other confectionery brands to have moved into bar format include Rolo and Creme Egg.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Seven Search and Selection Competitive plus package, East Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...