Burberry hires Kaitlyn Wilkins to replace departed social media head Musa Tariq
Burberry has hired Kaitlyn Wilkins, a director of Ogilvy's social media business, to become its global director of social media following the departure of Musa Tariq in October.
Burberry: 2013 campaign starring Romeo Beckham
Wilkins was previously the EMEA regional director at Social@Ogilvy, where she worked on brands including PepsiCo and Ford.
Burberry has been seeking a replacement for Tariq since September, when Marketing revealed he was leaving the company to head Nike’s social media efforts.
While at Burberry, Tariq led a number of high profile social media campaigns, including a "tweetwalk" that allowed the brand to reveal its new collection on Twitter moments before the models hit the runway.
News of Tariq’s departure followed shortly after it emerged Justin Cooke, Burberry’s vice president of public relations, was joining Topshop in order to become its marketing director and transform the brand’s social media presence.
Wilkins left New Media Strategies in July 2007 to join Ogilvy, where she served as vice president of Ogilvy PR’s 360 Digital Influence Group in North America before moving to Europe to work with Social@Ogilvy.
At Ogilvy, Wilkins helped PepsiCo execute its first blogger immersion event in early 2009 and launched the Ford Explorer on Facebook, which represented Ford’s first "non-automotive show vehicle reveal".
Burberry was unavailable for comment.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director or Senior Account Director, Social Media - up to £65k, permanent MODA consult up to £65k + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top Digital Agency, web build and web comms focus role, amazing travel brand MODA consult £50k - £55k dependent on the candidate, London (Central), London (Greater)