Blockbuster launches 'most aggressive' customer acquisition drive
Movie rental chain Blockbuster is running its "most aggressive" customer acquisition campaign by offering two weeks of free physical film rentals to those who sign up in its stores.
Blockbuster: kicks off aggressive customer recruitment drive
Blockbuster is looking to win back old customers and attract new customers with the promotion, which will run until at least the end of the month and will be advertised through press and radio activity.
Bryn Owen, head of marketing at Blockbuster, said the drive was "not specifically" a reaction to falling sales, adding "customer numbers at the moment are very strong for us".
He said: "We've always run recruitment campaigns before, but we have never been as aggressive as this."
The brand is also running other activity including a campaign promoting its exclusive movies offering and the 99p-a-night DVD rental service.
Blockbuster has the exclusive rights to offer certain titles, such as 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' on a rental or streaming basis for a period of three weeks, before its rivals gain access to them.
It has partnered with studios including Disney, Icon, Lions Gate, Sony, Studiocanal and Universal Pictures for the exclusive deals.
Blockbuster is also planning to launch a streaming service in the UK later this year, but is yet to set a specific launch date.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London