United Biscuits splits business into two
United Biscuits (UB) has confirmed that it's splitting its UK business into two, dividing it into a biscuits and a snacks division.
Hula Hoops: part of the United Biscuits portfolio
UB executives held a meeting on Wednesday this week, when employees where told of the split.
The biscuits division will house brands including McVities and Jacobs. The snacks division will house brands such as KP crisps, Hula Hoops and McCoys.
UB said the split will not prompt any redundancies.
A spokesperson for the company said: "Like most businesses, United Biscuits (UB) continually reviews its structure to ensure that it best meets the needs of customers and consumers.
"We have identified improvements to the current UBUK organisation and have started a process with the UK teams to implement these changes. This will consist of a separation of the existing UB UK structure into Biscuits and Snacks Business Units.
"When the division is complete, it will provide improved service and innovation."
Blackstone, the US private equity company and PAI Partners, the French buyout firm, which own UB, have been looking to split the business to up profits across the group.
It is unclear if the company owners are looking to sell off its snacks division, as reported in some media.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SENIOR COPYWRITER Live Recruitment £40000 - £negotiable per annum + Benefits, Middlesex
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 +, West London
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Manager Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London