Sainsbury's to sponsor Diamond Jubilee beacons
Sainsbury's will help spread the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations beyond London by sponsoring beacon lightings across the UK on Monday 4 June.
Diamond Jubilee: Sainsbury's to sponsor beacon lightings across the UK
As part of the deal, the supermarket will offer significant discounts to beacon holders to prepare them for their lighting ceremony celebrations.
Sainsbury's also says it will contact beacon party organisers and help them to spread the message to local communities, along with providing beacon party "starter kits" and discounts on shopping.
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Beacons celebrations will feature more than 2012 beacons being lit between 10pm and 10.30pm on 4 June across the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Commonwealth.
Beacons have been traditionally used for hundreds of years in order to communicate and have been part of Royal Wedding, Jubilee and Coronation celebrations for over a century.
Beacons were lit in 1897 to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, as a symbol of unity across towns, borders, countries and continents.
Similar celebrations were also held in 1977 and in 2002, when beacons were lit to celebrate The Queen's Silver and Golden jubilees.
Sainsbury's is already supporting a number of events over the Jubilee weekend, including Sainsbury's Jubilee Family Festival in Hyde Park on Saturday and Sunday, 2 June and 3 June, and the Thames Riverboat Pageant, where two boats will carry Sainsbury's guests and colleagues.
The retailer is also the lead corporate sponsor for the Woodland Trust's Jubilee Woods Project, which aims to plant six million native British trees to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...