Omega Pharma readies £3m diet aid marketing push
Omega Pharma UK, the global over-the-counter healthcare company, is expanding its range with the launch of a diet pill backed by a £3m marketing campaign.
XLS-Medical :Omega Pharma launches diet aid in the UK
XLS-Medical is a naturally derived tablet that its makers claim helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
According to Omega Pharma, the product works by binding undigested fat, helping dieters to lose three pounds for every one pound they lose on their own.
The company has briefed Total Media to handle the campaign, which will include a fully integrated media promotion comprising TV, digital display advertising, outdoor, PPC and SEO, as well as social media.
A TV ad campaign by creative agency VCCP Health kicks off across the UK on 16 September, during the new third series of ITV's 'Downton Abbey'.
This will be supported by a digital display campaign, as part of which Total Media has negotiated a lunchtime takeover deal with Mail Online's TV and showbiz web pages.
Social media channels, including Twitter and YouTube, will be used to further engage customers and provide customer support. The national media campaign will run until November.
Nicole Ehlen, XLS-Medical marketing manager at Omega Pharma, said: "We're proud of our clinically proven weight-loss aid and in taking it to market."
Other brands owned by Omega Pharma UK include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London