Shell admits failings of garage food in tongue-in-cheek campaign
Shell is acknowledging the poor reputation of garage food with a tongue-in-cheek campaign that promotes Deli2Go, its forecourt food range.
Shell: promotes Deli2go food range
Shell hopes the upcoming activity, which features images of its freshly-prepared baguettes and handmade Cornish pasties, will make customers reassess its food offering.
Activity will be based around the strapline, "Proud not to serve garage food", and follows a "significant investment" its store formats last year.
Point-of-sale activity, created by Proximity launches this week and will include a newspaper rack announcing, "good food found at a garage". Posters will claim Shell bucks the trend by serving good quality garage food.
The campaign comes after Waitrose put on hold plans to roll out more of its outlets in Shell petrol stations following a pilot scheme. Environmental pressure group Greenpeace claimed the change in policy came as a result of its campaign attacking the partnership.
Rado Svec, convenience retail manager at Shell, said "no one else" has tackled the perception quality food cannot be found in service stations.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...