Duracell to give Bunny mascot a voice after 39 years
The Duracell Bunny, the battery brand's silent brand mascot, will be given a voice for the first time to coincide with a Facebook campaign this Easter.
Duracell: the bunny gets a voice
Procter & Gamble-owned Duracell will give its brand mascot a voice to host question and answer sessions on Facebook along with sharing tips and prize giveaways.
Since making his silent TV debut in 1973 the Duracell Bunny has not had a voice, but will be given one from tomorrow (3 April) for the Facebook campaign.
Leigh Tomlinson, business leader for Duracell UK & Ireland, said: "For the past 39 years the Duracell Bunny has never been given any kind of voice and it has been left to people's imagination to give him a personality.
"It's a big step for Duracell as a brand and not something which was taken lightly. No doubt we will be seeing, and hearing, a lot more from Bunny in the future."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...