Google hires first head of marketing for Google+ in EMEA
Google has appointed Cristian Cussen, former Myspace director content and marketing, as its head of marketing for its social networking service, Google+ in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Google: launched its first UK ad campaign for Google+ last month
Cussen joins Google from Ning, the customised social network building business. He joined the company in 2009 as director of business development, based in Palo Alto, California.
He moved to London over a year ago to take up the role of vice-president and managing director of Ning Europe and Latin America, in charge of expansion, marketing, business development and localisation.
Prior to Ning, Cussen was director of content and marketing for Myspace.
Cussen will start in the newly created role next Monday (30 April) and will be based in Google's Central St Giles office in London. Google has not confirmed details of what his role entails or who he will be reporting to.
Cussen's appointment comes shortly after Google launched its first advertising push for Google+ in the UK, with a TV and digital campaign, which leverages storytelling to demonstrate the product.
The TV ad, created by Adam & Eve, broke on 31 March and introduced the strapline, 'That's the Plus'.
Google+ launched in June last year and now claims to have 100 million monthly active users and 50 million daily users.
Obi Felton, director of consumer marketing for Google EMEA, recently told Marketing that the Google+ was "often misunderstood" and was not a destination, but a "layer to the whole of Google to make it more social."
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Planner Source £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & ongoing training, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...