Yorkshire Tea named as the 'official brew' of England cricket team
Yorkshire Tea has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
Yorkshire Tea: sponsorship launched by former England cricketer Michael Vaughan
The contract will have Yorkshire Tea named as the official brew of the England cricket team. Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan unveiled the deal, which was brokered by BMB Neon, today.
The tea brand has dedicated 20% of its annual marketing budget to the deal and will activate it through TV advertising, created by BMB, social media and on-pack promotion.
Simon Eyles, Yorkshire Tea marketing director, said the national sponsorship, its first, represented a "significant step change" for the brand.
Eyles said: "The cricket tea break is synonymous with a proper brew, so throughout the summer, we are going to make every tea break fun and engaging for the many fans of the game."
John Perera, ECB commercial director, said: "This deal with Yorkshire Tea is a welcome addition to our ever-expanding commercial partner family. Cricket and tea go hand in hand, and Yorkshire Tea is a brand that fits the ECB's values perfectly."
Perera added that it was "pleasing for us as a governing body to see a partner feature the game in above-the-line advertising".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...