Brand Manager of the Week: Steve Cooper, Marketing director, Feel Good Drinks
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What would you be if you weren't a marketer?
I did a physics degree fully intending to become a teacher. It never happened.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career?
Get experience in other areas so you understand how a business works and the implications of your marketing decisions.
- What makes you angry?
Arrogance. Also, brands that pretend to be healthy while adding an eye-watering amount of sugar to their drinks.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
Mike Ashley. I'd spend my millions on new Newcastle players and win a trophy for the long-suffering Toon army. I'd also change the name of the Sports Direct Arena to St James' Park.
- What other languages do you speak?
A hybrid of Geordie and Scottish otherwise known as a Northumbrian accent.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Nike Golf - I would save myself a fortune on the cost of balls.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To be happy and not wake up in 20 years regretting stuff I haven't done.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Newcastle vs Barcelona in the 2013 Champions League final.
- What have been your best and worst freebies?
The best was a seat in a corporate box on the halfway line for the 2003 Rugby World Cup final. The worst would be a ticket to a Sunderland game (fortunately, it's never happened).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...