Fanta readies 'chase the taste' campaign
Fanta, the Coca-Cola owned soft-drink brand, is rolling out a campaign that encourages consumers to "chase the taste".
The campaign by Ogilvy Paris breaks on Monday (12 March) and runs under the current brand proposition 'More Fanta, Less Serious'. It features a new TV ad supported by digital, sampling and PR activity.
The ad uses the brand's recognisable animated figures and reintroduces the character of Andy, who is chased by his friend because he is drinking Fanta.
The Ogilvy Paris team included creative director Chris Garbutt and art directors Sarah Bamford and Bruno Bicalho.
The ad features music recorded by Parisian house DJ Martin Solveig and intends to build on Coca-Cola's work with engaging teens with the brand through the use of music.
A new Facebook app is being touted by the brand as the centre-piece of the campaign, which houses Fanta City, an animated world featuring games and missions with a range of prizes to win, from tickets for the cinema to Alton Towers, supported by the launch of branded mobile apps.
The app will also give teens the opportunity to win a three-night stay in the Fanta House, which plays host to a swimming pool, dinners cooked by a personal chef and a games room and a home cinema.
The winning teens will have the chance to throw a party at the house during their stay.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director at Coca-Cola GB, said: "2012 is set to be an exciting year for Fanta.
"The campaign builds on the success of our previous 'More Fanta, Less Serious' activity and will allow the brand to engage directly with our teen audience.
"The Fanta City Facebook game app platform offers teens a 'must do' experience and will be sure to keep them energised, excited and close to the Fanta brand."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...