Schweppes summer campaign celebrates British heritage
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola owned soft-drinks brand, is launching a summer campaign today (16 April), to promote its British heritage.
Scweppes: latest campaign showcases its British brand credentials
The campaign, created by TMW, features outdoor, an on-pack promotion, radio and digital activity, supported by a continued partnership with Diageo, now in its third year.
Schweppes is just the latest brand to try and showcase its British brand credentials, in a year which includes the Olympics, and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Tesco, Virgin Media and Marks & Spencer are among those brands which have recently promoted their British credentials.
Despite being US-owned, Schweppes can trace its roots back to England in the 18th century.
The 'Start Of Summer' campaign showcases Schweppes Original Lemonade and Indian Tonic Water, alongside Diageo brands Pimm's and Gordon's gin.
The ads reference the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Wimbledon tennis tournament, using the strapline: "A spectacular summer without Pimm's, Gordon's and Schweppes there? It's just not British".
The digital part of the campaign features a tie-up with the Daily Telegraph, which houses a dedicated site, www.schweppesjubilee.com, that consumers can visit to enter themselves in a competition to become the UK’s "social monarchs".
Supporting activity will feature Schweppes' launch of new limited edition packaging, featuring images of the Union Jack flag and diamonds.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director, Coca-Cola GB, said: "As a distinctly British brand, we're thrilled to be gearing up for a summer of national celebrations, positioning Schweppes as the drink of choice for all summer social occasions.
"We know our consumers love to entertain and enjoy premium mixer drinks, so we're pleased to be continuing our partnership with Diageo, whilst offering consumers engaging content on our new Social Monarchs hub."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £34000 per annum, Thames Ditton
- Account Consultant / Research Director PSD Group £75,000 + bonus , London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London