Costa strikes partnership with Kraft
Costa Coffee has struck a partnership with Kraft that involves the coffee chain selling capsules of its latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties in supermarkets.
Costa: partnering with Kraft to launch coffee varieties in supermarkets
The capsules are designed to be used with Kraft's Tassimo coffee-making machines.
Rival Starbucks previously had a global, commercial relationship with Kraft, which distributed Starbucks' packaged coffee. However, the deal ended in acrimony in 2010.
The Costa Coffee capsules (also known as discs) will be sold in latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties and are expected to be available in supermarkets by the end of the year.
It is unclear how much the discs will be priced at.
Heading up the partnership are Jim Slater, managing director of Costa Coffee's innovation unit, and Peter Seymour, marketing director of Kraft-owned Kenco.
Kraft's Tassimo system is sold by retailers including electronic stories.
Currently, Kraft-owned products such as Kenco and Carte Noire are sold as capsules.
Costa is to sell its coffee in supermarkets in a bid to take on rival Starbucks in retailer aisles.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...