Starbucks to support Emma Bridgewater mugs with digital offensive
Starbucks is utilising social media and other digital channels to support its introduction of limited edition Emma Bridgewater pottery in selective Starbucks stores this summer.
Ian Cranna: Starbucks' marketing director (photo: Steve Orino)
Starbucks has struck a partnership with the British pottery firm, which is making 6,000 limited edition mugs, as the coffee chain moves to tap into the fervour around the Diamond Jubilee and London 2012.
The mugs will be priced at £19.95 and be available for a limited period.
Ian Cranna, Starbucks marketing director, said the mugs would be "marketed through social media and our own websites".
Starbucks is also expected to bring a new as yet unnamed drink to the market in July.
Separately, Starbucks claims it has hit "record" sales of its iced Frappuccino drink, with stories averaging sales of one Frappuccino a minute during the busiest periods.
The record sales of the Frappuccino coincided with a promotion, called Frappuccino HappyHour, which offered customers half-priced Frappuccinos between 3pm and 5pm.
Cranna said: "This weekend we sold more Frappuccinos than ever before in the UK, averaging one a minute in every store."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...