Starbucks to support Emma Bridgewater mugs with digital offensive
Starbucks is utilising social media and other digital channels to support its introduction of limited edition Emma Bridgewater pottery in selective Starbucks stores this summer.
Ian Cranna: Starbucks' marketing director (photo: Steve Orino)
Starbucks has struck a partnership with the British pottery firm, which is making 6,000 limited edition mugs, as the coffee chain moves to tap into the fervour around the Diamond Jubilee and London 2012.
The mugs will be priced at £19.95 and be available for a limited period.
Ian Cranna, Starbucks marketing director, said the mugs would be "marketed through social media and our own websites".
Starbucks is also expected to bring a new as yet unnamed drink to the market in July.
Separately, Starbucks claims it has hit "record" sales of its iced Frappuccino drink, with stories averaging sales of one Frappuccino a minute during the busiest periods.
The record sales of the Frappuccino coincided with a promotion, called Frappuccino HappyHour, which offered customers half-priced Frappuccinos between 3pm and 5pm.
Cranna said: "This weekend we sold more Frappuccinos than ever before in the UK, averaging one a minute in every store."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London